Dear Members, Friends and Guests of Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa,
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday 10th May, outdoor sport, including golf, is now able to resume, providing people continue to observe the strict guidelines associated with this. We are therefore pleased to announce that, with effect from Saturday 16th May, Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa will reopen its courses.
Sadly, the rest of hotel must remain closed for the time being, but we are hopeful that, as per the three-stage plan set out by the Prime Minister, plans are afoot to reopen some elements of the hospitality industry from 4thJuly.
In preparation for when we can welcome you back, we continue to plan for the day when the hotel can finally reopen its doors and we can assure you that, when you do return to us, you will be coming to an environment that is super clean and safe. With that in mind, we want to share with you the best practices and protocols we have developed over the past few months to ensure that we can protect all of our team members and guests.
- All team members will be supplied with the relevant personal protective equipment throughout their shifts. This includes, but is not limited to, gloves and masks and must be worn at all times.
- All team members, and guests, will have their temperatures taken with a non-contact thermometer at the Temperature Monitoring Checkpoint upon arrival into the resort and before being allowed to enter the Resort. Anyone with a temperature over 37.8 will not be permitted.
- All reception desks and service areas will be protected by transparent screens. 2m distance markers and other signage will also be visible throughout the resort to remind staff and guests of our strict health and safety protocols whilst on site.
- Rigorous and regular cleaning will be conducted in all areas of the Resort.
- There are many hand sanitisers around the resort and we encourage people to continue to wash your hands with warm water and soap at regular intervals.
- Training for all team members will be conducted and will include, amongst other things, hygiene standards, cleaning regimes, interaction with guests and colleagues, service delivery and any other changes.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to the Resort in the not too distant future. Until then, stay safe and stay positive.
The Team at Formby Hall
What you need to do:
For any existing bookings due to stay with us between 1st May – 30th June 2020, you can change your stay dates free of charge to any date up to the 31st March 2021 (subject to package availability, weekend supplements apply). You will receive the same package you originally booked.
If you do not have a date in mind at present please contact us when you do – your booking will be valid, subject to availability, to the 31st March 2021.
Any bookings after this will be reviewed at a later date.
For us to process this as quickly and efficiently as possible, could we ask that you email your name and check in date to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are due to stay with us between 1st May – 30th June 2020.
When will you hear from us?
Once we’ve received your response, we’ll make contact as soon as we can, this may take us a number of weeks due to the volume of guests impacted by this situation.
This isn’t our usual service response time and we’ll come back to you sooner if we can.
How we will prioritise who to contact first?
We’ll deal with guests due to visit on 1st May 2020 first and move forward though arrival dates.
Our Reservations Team are inundated with calls and we would ask that you wait for us to contact you, rather than calling us directly.
If you are on a break after the 30th June please do not call our Reservations Team to allow us to deal with guests with imminent breaks. Please keep an eye on our website for an update of when the resort will re-open.
We recognise that this will be disappointing news and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in these exceptional circumstances.
We want your booking experience and stay at our resort to be as easy and as flexible as possible. With your convenience and current events in mind, we have updated our cancellation policy to give you the reassurance and confidence you need when you make a booking with us.
For any new bookings you make directly with us from 20th March, you will not only receive the best rate available, you will also be offered plenty of flexibility to change your arrival to any date before the end of 2020 (subject to availability).
For any existing bookings before 30thApril 2020, you can change your stay dates free of charge to any date up to the end of 2020 (subject to availability).
Visitors Play Safe, Stay Safe Policy and Procedures
We are delighted to announce that the golf courses will reopen on Saturday 16th May 2020.
The Government, along with the golfing authorities have agreed a regulated way in which golf can now be played. We have introduced a range of procedures that we ask all golfers to follow for the safety and wellbeing of themselves, our staff, and other members and guests.
- Golfers who are self-isolating or are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 are asked not to travel to the property as they will not be allowed to play.
- All visitors to the Resort will have their temperature checked on entry to the site and will be refused access if this is 37.8°c or higher.
- If your temperature is approved, you will be issued with an Access Card (valid for that day only) and you must keep this with you at all times (you will be asked to present this to the Starter Marshall and upon entry into the Golf Shop).
- Everyone must practice social distancing measures on the property at all times.
- Initially it will be casual golf only, but we are working on solutions to see a return to competitive golf as soon as the guidelines allow.
- Please note that the following procedures are subject to change to ensure our continued compliance with the latest Government and Public Heath guidelines.
We have made the following temporary changes to the course setup to ensure that golfers are not placing themselves at further unnecessary risk by eliminating human contact with golf course equipment.
- We have turned the hole cups upside down and have ordered a Golf Lift system so that you don’t have to touch the flag with your hand or put your hand into the hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxuqkMNyjc
- We have removed the rakes from the bunkers.
- The bunkers will remain in play. However, the committee may introduce a preferred lies local rule if the enjoyment of the game is being affected.
- We have removed all divot bags and refill stations from the course.
- The ball washers and benches are out of use and have been covered.
- The bins have been removed from the course, please dispose of your litter at home.
- All removable items except stakes defining the penalty areas have been removed.
PRIOR TO THE ROUND
- It is not permissible to turn up to play without a pre-booked tee time. This applies for both the Old Course and the Woodhey Dunes Course.
- All visitor bookings should be made online only until further notice.
- Play will not be permitted before the first official tee time, initially this will be 8:00am.
- Tee time increments have been increased to 10 minutes intervals.
- Group sizes have been temporarily reduced to a maximum of 2 golfers only per tee time.
- To assist with tracing, the name of each player using the tee time will required at the time of booking.
- Juniors can book under the same criteria however they must be accompanied by an adult. As only two people can be in any game, if they are accompanied by a non-playing parent it would be a one ball game.
- Anyone turning up without a tee time will be refused entry.
- Travel to the golf course individually or with someone from the same home.
- There may be a change in the layout of the car park for easier social distancing, please park leaving at least one car parking space between your car and the car next to you.
- Initially the Clubhouse facilities and toilets will be closed.
- We hope to reopen the Golf Shop and toilets as soon as is practical.
- There will be no access to the locker room and shower facilities.
- Please come to the club ready to play, changing shoes in the car park is permitted.
- Please do not arrive at the property any earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time.
- Please do not get out of your car to get your clubs ready and change into your golf shoes until 10 minutes before your tee time.
- Initially, The Golf Shop building will be closed and golfers playing the Old Course should check-in at the Conservatory.
- Opening hours will be 7am until 8pm.
- If you are playing on the Woodhey Dunes Course you will be directed to the overflow car.
- Please check-in direct with the marshall on the 1st tee of the Woodhey Dunes course.
- You must show your booking confirmation as proof of your booking.
- We insist on social distancing (2 metres rule) in this area, please observe the signage and floor markings.
- We will only be accepting contactless card payment or members levy cards.
- Scorecards will be available for individual use if needed.
- Hot drinks, cold drinks and snacks will be available from the Conservatory and will be served by the member of staff on duty.
Golf Buggies & Hire Trollies
- Golf buggies will be available strictly for use by 1 person only and must be pre booked.
- The buggies will be cleaned and sanitised before and after use.
- Please return the buggy back to the buggy parking spaces after use taking all of your belongings and litter with you.
- Initially pull trollies and electric trollies will not be available for hire.
Driving Range & Chipping Area
- Initially the driving range will be closed while we await guidance on the safest way to operate this facility for staff and customers.
- For the same reasons, the chipping area will be closed until further notice.
Waiting to Play
- We insist on social distancing (2 metres rule) on the course at all times.
- Please arrive on the tee no earlier than 10 minutes before your tee time.
- A queuing system will be in place on the pathway to the 1st tees so that players waiting to start stand at least 2 metres apart.
- Although the practice putting green is open, priority should be given to the next group due to tee-off and those players must keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Please show your Access Card to the starter who will check you in against the tee sheet.
- Group gatherings must be avoided in all teeing areas and on the practice putting green.
- We have temporarily removed the holes on the practice putting green. We suggest aiming at a tee peg, your putter cover or water bottle.
- Only go up onto the tee when the group ahead have cleared the tee.
During the Round
Please follow the social distancing policy to ensure that players in a group keep at least 2 metres apart on the course.
- Only 1 golfer at a time is allowed on the tee box.
- Golfers should only approach the next tee when the group in front are 20 yards past the tee.
- Golfers must stay at least 2 metres apart when walking, searching and playing shots.
- Pace of Play is now more important than ever. Please be aware of your position and stay 1 – 2 shots behind the group in front and do not delay the group behind.
- Marshalls will be on duty to monitor pace of play and that social distancing measure are being followed.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up and refrain from picking up lost or stray balls.
- Ensure that your ball is well marked and easily identifiable no matter how it is lying.
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs, rangefinders, pencils, bag towels.
- Use hand sanitisers whenever possible
- As rakes are not allowed on the course, all golfers are expected to do their best to smooth over the sand by using their feet or club.
- In both match play and stroke play, when both players’ balls are on the putting green, it is recommended that the first player to putt does so continuously until his/her ball is holed or the next stroke is conceded.
- The other player then putts until his/her ball is holed or the next stroke is conceded. After the Round
- Golfers must not shake hands at the end of the round and need to retain the 2 metres social distance when the game is finished.
- Airlines for cleaning shoes have been turned off and the hoses shoe brushes have been removed. Please clean your shoes and trollies at home and not in the car park.
- Do not swap scorecards.
- If you have played the back 9 holes from the 10th tee, please leave the course via the green gates and return to your car.
- Golfers must leave the course and the club immediately so that there are no gatherings around the car park or clubhouse areas.